Does this change to my nose look overdone?

Booked for rhinoplasty, and I'm starting to get cold feet. My nose isn't awful to begin with, but I want it slightly more petite. From these two photos, do you think that the after is an improvement? Or is it to risky, and should I stick with my original nose? This is such a huge decision and I'd hate to look worse after. Thanks!

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examiningyou, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with.

If you are still ambivalent about undergoing the procedure after that, don't do it until you are sure about it.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

It is important to remember that the nose is a three-dimensional structure and the side profile is only one dimension. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and can be shaved down accordingly to the patient's desires. Sometimes that only involves a couple of millimeters of change. Computer imaging performed in the office setting would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure on your nose. It's also important to look at the nose from the front and three-quarter views, and have a very frank discussion with  your operative surgeon. Rhinoplasty is one of the hardest operations to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. For many examples of dorsal hump reduction, please see the link and the video below