How can I balance my face better? Would Rhinoplasty work?

I quite like the way I look in the mirror but I HATE the way I look in photos. I've always considered rhinoplasty for my bulbous tip. Is it possible to just have the tip done? What else can you suggest? How much would it cost?

Rhinoplasty

It is hard to say what might be right for you without an exam in person. The photo is not very helpful as the lighting is off and there is only one view.

Better facial balance?

Your face can be balanced but I need to see photos as described on my website and others to give  proper answer. Otherwise it would be guessing what bothers you.

I think that rhinoplasty would be a reasonable option for you.  The lower third of the nose can be refined through a closed approach.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

You can perform rhinoplasty for bulbous tip only and not make any changes to the bridge.  It would be helpful to see photos from other angles.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

How can I balance my face better? Would rhinoplasty work?

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, therefore a full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure. Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip rhinoplasty so that the nose does not look unbalanced. The wide nasal tip cartilages can be narrowed with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. Wide nostrils can be narrowed within an alar-plasty. Rhinoplasty is the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For more information and many before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Yes, a tip rhinoplasty alone can be achieved by trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing but I would definitely recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, to have an examination of your face, discussion of your cosmetic goals and review of your medical history to determine whether you are a good candidate for this procedure. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Yes, it is possible to do a tip rhinoplasty alone.  However, before making a final decision a full consultation would be necessary and viewing all angles and underlying cartilage and bony structures into consideration.  Virtual imaging can also make sure that you are really happy with what surgery can achieve before actually moving forward.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon