Am I a good candidate for buccal pad removal? (Photo)

I am a 32-year-old girl, who always have problems with my cheeky face, esp when I smile in photos. Everybody mentions me as a baby face one. This is a genetic style, my brothers have it too, while they are in 40s. I always should be too much underweight to be satisfied with my face, if I gain 3-5lbs it appears too much on my face (should be sth like100lbs, with 157cm). I am wondering if I could be a good option for buccal fat removal & cheek fat incision. Kindly give me your helpful feedbacks.

Buccal fat removal

A good candidate for buccal fat removal is best assessed in an in office consultation.  Some qualities of a a good candidate for buccal fat removal are as follows:

1.  Fullness in buccal area which looks better when sucking in cheek.  This often corresponds to location of buccal fat.

2.  History of family fullness of buccal fat.  If mother or father have fuller faces, it is less likely you will lose buccal fat with age, making you a better candidate.

3.  Resistance to weight loss-  Buccal fat is often resistant to weight loss and if your face does not change appearance dramatically, you may be a good candidate.

In the right candidate, buccal fat can help patients improve their facial shape.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for buccal pad removal? = very likely #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #babyface #roundface

Patients with fullness of the anterior lower cheeks are usually candidates for buccal fat  removal. This procedure helps to achieve a less round but more chiseled face. This procedure is usually performed in my office under local anesthesia.

When evaluating a patient for possible buccal fat removal, it is important to evaluate the cheek bones. If the cheek bones are weak, they need to be enhanced ( ideally with fillers) to help to balance the face and achieve a chiseled and less rounded face once with the buccal fat removal plastic surgery.

Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

John Mesa, MD