10 days post op, do my incisions look OK? (Photo)

10 days ago I had 330 C Mentor High profile teardrop implants inserted and I am worried about how my incisions are quite tucked up into the bottom of the breast causing the breast either side of the incision to fall lower. Is this normal, should I be concerned?

10 days post op breast augmentation.Do my incisions look OK?

Hard to tell from a photograph. You need to be examined by your surgeon. I do see the "tucking" that you refer to. Hopefully the tissues will relax and the depressions stretch and become more normal with time. However please see your surgeon.

Speak to your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Michael J. Brown, MD
Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Do my incisions look OK?

Hi, lauragordonm. Congratulations on your breast augmentation.  As implants settle and sutures get dissolved, your breast shape and appearance of incision will improve.  It looks like you are on your way to a great result.  Please follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.  Best wishes with your recovery!

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Questions about incisions

are best managed by your surgeon.  We all have different ways of closing wounds with equally effective outcomes so your surgeon will know if your wounds look 'normal' and if they should heal as desired.

If you scar remains flat like that, then that is not normal and your surgeon will be challenged to make it right.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Aug Incisions

Thank you for your questions. You are in very early phase of healing. This usually round out in 3-4 months. Please follow your PS instructions.

Ven Erella, MD

10 Days Post Op - Do My Incisions Look Okay?

At 10 days post op, your incisions look just fine. 

Normally, the interior sutures are dissolvable sutures that dissolve anywhere between 30-180 days.  These sutures are tight to encourage scar tissue to form without any weight on the scar tissue from the breast implant.  As the sutures dissolve, the weight of the implant and the pull of gravity will round out this tight central area leading to ultimately a teardrop or anatomic appearance. 

Congratulations.  It appears you had a great breast augmentation. 

Breast implant incision question

The photo just seems to demonstrate the way that your surgeon closed the deep layer of tissue. All should melt away with time but please ask them about it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

10 days post op, do my incisions look OK?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; you appear to have a very nice early outcome. Your photographs do not demonstrate anything concerning to me but your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes.

Implant incisions

It takes a full 6 months for your incisions to complete the healing process.  I recommend Skin Medica Scar Recovery Gel for my patients.

John L. Burns Jr., MD

10 days post breast augmentation

Thank you for the question and photographs. Everything appears to be healing very well. At ten days post op you are just beginning the healing process. Healing from surgery will take time. In the initial phase after surgery, within the first three months, there is a period of inflammation and scarring that must occur in order for you to heal. The breast implants can appear to be high, not in the right position, oddly shaped, tight/hard, etc. Over ensuing months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process gives way to scar softening and remodeling. The swelling will start to abate and the breast tissue will relax and accommodate allowing the implants to settle into their desired position. As the implants settle the nipples will appear to lift and the breast fills and begin to take on their more normal appearance and feel. These processes may occur at differing rates so that the breasts may not necessarily "settle" at the same time. I tell my patients that they will not see their results for at least 3-6 months.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD