If You Have Vertical Maxillary Excess AND a Long Upper Lip Can Both Be Fixed?

Would I be able to find one doctor that can fix both problems? I have a long face in general and I want to shorten both the upper lip and the upper jaw. If I shorten my longer than normal upper lip I know I will show too much teeth at rest, but if I'm agreeing to wear braces again and shorten my jaw a 2nd time, can I do this? If I'm willing to go thru all this, then I should be able to find doctor or doctors willing to help me see my plan thru?

Doctor Answers 1

Gosh, I would love to see a photo of you.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In general the answer is yes.  You need a craniofacial surgeon with a working knowledge of occusion (rare) or a very skilled Maxillofacial surgeon with a flair for this (also rare).  The bottom line is much depends on your actual issues.  This may be much more than you need or entirely appropriate.  Be very careful in your search for a well qualified surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.