Vertical Chin Reduction Cost and Expectations

I've had jaw realignment surgery. At the time, I was told my jaw had grown thicker on one side. Because of that, I have some remaining chin asymmetry. Since my jaw is fairly long to begin with, I'm considering vertical chin reduction to match the shorter side. It's not a drastic difference (very subtle, I realize). Is it possible to burr the chin down on one side? Also, is there a ballpark price range for this kind of procedure? Thanks!

Chin reduction surgery

The proposed question is to reduce the vertical height of the chin and I have performed that operation many times.  In most cases, my preferred approach is throught the mouth and using highly specialized equipment, a "wedge" of bone is removed, and the longer side is rotated up.

Burring down the longer side is also an option.  Having both a medical as well as a dental degree, I believe gives a broader view of the subject and I would suggest looking for a surgeon like myself, who has experience in both areas.  See the video below for further information.

Yes We Can!

For sure we can drill or burr down one side of the jaw. It is a relatively simple procedure that takes about 1 hr and will cost from 2,500 -3,500 $ at our practice depending on anesthesia costs.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vertical chin reduction for asymmetric chin (PHOTO)

I would discuss this with your maxillofacial surgeon. Depending on time, facility, and anesthesia, fees will range from 3000-6000 USD.