Tummy Tuck lower abdomen bulge. Will this go away? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck 12/22/15 and was 193 two weeks after surgery. Since then I'm 160. I'm working hard to get down to 148 lean. Will this lower bulge go away?

Tummy Tuck lower abdomen bulge. Will this go away?

Thank you for your photos. If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place. Without an in-person examination it is difficult to determine what this bulge may be - a discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose or skin tissue. See your surgeon for an evaluation, they are in the best position to diagnose and offer treatment.  

Lower Buldge Post Tummy Tuck

It is hard to say based on just seeing your picture, what may be causing the lower bulge. Chances are, it is loose skin because of your significant weight loss post surgery. You can always have more skin removed, but I would wait until you reached your goal weight first.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lower bulge after tummy tuck

Hard to evaluate from the photos alone.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you at this point what you can do to fix this contour.  Probably there is still excess skin that needs to be removed.

Lower Abdominal Bulge

Congratulations on your continuing successful efforts at better health! If this has become more noticeable during your recent weight loss it is unlikely that it will go away on its own. Depending on whether this represents loose muscle inferiorly, excess localized fat or loose skin, a surgical procedure of some sort may well be recommended for improvement. I suggest waiting until your reach your goal weight or at least plateau before considering any further surgery. This will maximize your result and minimize the possibility of further change afterwards.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD