Can you have IPL or CO2 after Fraxel? (Photo)

I had fraxel one time in 2011. I recently inquired about having IPL or CO2 laser for brown spots and uneven tone. I was told that I should not have either due to risk of scarring. Is this true?

CO2 Laser Resurfacing & IPL Clearing Complexion

Thank you for your question. Fraxel is a brand with multiple types of lasers including Dual 1550/1927 laser and C02 re:pair laser. Having Fraxel in 2011 does not stop you from having future laser such as IPL or more Fraxel or C02 treatments.  It may be that your skin type (if darker tone) or a sun tan is cause for concern - A photo would help in determining this.  I would make sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist for evaluation of your skin tone for his or her recommendation. 

Melbourne Dermatologist