I'm curious to what would be used to fill my face. I'm 45 and thin. I feel like my face is sinking. Any suggestions? (photo)

Need face filler. Curious what would be used and the estimated cost in north jersey area

Doctor Answers 8

Facial fillers from volume

For instantaneous result Voluma is the best option in the cheek area to restore the heart shape of the face.  However for a more gradual enhancement in the area Sculptra would be better.


Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 107 reviews

Rejuvenating face

Adding volume to the cheeks can be very aesthetically pleasing if done by an expert who also takes into account facial balance and your overall bone structure etc.  I often prefer Sculptra but also think Voluma is an excellent product to shape and improve the cheek area.  Sculptra can last several years but usually a yearly maintenance treatment is recommended to keep the results looking good as you continue to age.  Voluma has been shown to last 2 years or longer but in my experience, again, maintaining the treatment yearly with a little product as needed works best and keeps you from losing the effect.  Make sure to seek out an injection specialist with extensive experience with these products.  Often cheek augmentation may also require that something be done under the eye area so it's not about just treating one area but about getting the best result, that looks entirely natural, is safe and long-lasting.  That may mean using a variety of products as needed over time.I hope that helps.
Best of luck!                           

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

Facial fillers

From your Perot it looks like you would benefit from mid-facial volume as well as in the grooves around your mouth (parenthesis lines and marionette lines). You may also benefit from volume in your temples. That said, I would suggest either Voluma for your upper face and Juvederm Ultra Plus for your lower. Or, you could use Sculptra throughout. Voluma and Ultra plus are HA fillers and therefore will give you instant, reversible (if necessary) results. Sculptra is more of a process taking several months to achieve fullness, but offers a lot of volume those that need it. Best of luck.  

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

Treatment for a thin face

Please consult a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.  A combination of Sculptra and fillers would give good non-surgical improvement.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

I would start with Sculptra

Thanks for question. You hair is covering your temples but my best guess is that they are hollow. Sculptra would give you the most volume , that will last the longest, for your money. If you are patient you can start with that but it will take a few months to get final result. If you are in a hurry you can start with volumizing the mid-face with Radiesse Restylane Lyft or Voluma. these will give you results that you can see right away and I think that if injected well, any of these would look great. In the long run Sculptra will give you the most volume for your money and Voluma will probably be most expensive but I don't know Jersey prices. 
Find a dermatologist or Plastic surgeon that has experience WITH ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS. If you find someone that only uses one thing they are likely to have les experience and will use what they have. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Sagging face

You are experiencing a phenomenon many people face as we start to age, loss of fat in the face, contributing to sagging skin. From your photo, you have a pretty face, with early and small amount of volume loss. Loss of facial volume can be treated with fillers, like Juvederm and Voluma, which is temporary, or fat, which lasts much longer. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Facial Rejuvenation


Filler would be a good option in the mid-face region. You are also developing slight bowling. This can be reversed with a minifacelift under local and mild sedation. 



Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 272 reviews


It looks like you could benefit from fillers or fat injections. If you are sagging quite a bit, a mini-facelift with fat injections might also be a good idea.  Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.