Do I need implants if I have a deflated D cup? 43 year old runner and endurance athlete.

Hi. I'm getting a mommy makeover and I'm on the fence about implants. My breast look ok in a bra but have lost their fullness and I know this only gets worse with age. Can I get a lift and implants and stay a D cup or large C? I don't want that implant look at all but want to be perky again. My PS said lift and implants but I want more advice. Sorry no picture. 5'6-140lbs

Considering Implants in Melbourne, FL.

Regarding your question about needing breast implants, I generally advise patients that breast implants are recommended if you would like your existing breast volume to be larger.  If you do not particularly want to be larger, then do not get implants.  Your breasts can be reshaped with a breast lift, but will not be made larger or smaller with a lift alone; therefore, for the breasts to larger, implants would need to be added.  Ultimately, a discussion about this in detail with your board-certified plastic surgeon would probably be very helpful.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

Your best bet is to follow your surgeon's advice. A lift with a small implant will make the breasts appear perky without drastically increasing you size. 
Good luckDrBurnett#realself100

Sitting on the fence

It would be very helpful to see photos..all the answers you are getting are at best theoretical..but here goes.  If you are ambivalent about getting implants and you are happy with your size when you are tucked into your bra I would go for a breast lift alone.   A "D" cup should give you enough of your own breast tissue to work with to give you a good shape with lifting.  Good news is if you decide you want some volume down the road you can always add a small implant later.  Go for what you want first..thats not upsizing but getting perkier..a breast lift should be able to deliver.

Implants don’t have to result in a dramatic size increase.

Thank you for your question. Many people associate breast implants with overly large breasts that look obviously enhanced. This doesn’t necessarily have to be the case. I haven’t examined you, but my suspicion is that your surgeon is recommending implants as part of your lift to replace the loss of fullness in the upper pole of the breast that women often have after pregnancy. Upper pole fullness is likely the “perky” look you’re describing. Keep in mind that a lift only addresses sagging and the location of the breast but will do nothing for fullness or shape. As long as you clearly communicate with your plastic surgeon about your desire to be very conservative with implant size, you should be able to achieve a result you’ll be happy with.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Need implants?

Thank you for your question.  It is impossible to provide advice without photos. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. It is not possible to recommend you anything without seeing photos of your situation. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Do I need implants

Unfortunately your question is impossible to answer without pictures or a physical examination. It really depends on what your definition of deflated My assumption is that you mean that the upper half of your breast is very flat. If that is the case then a lift will bring the nipple into a good position but will not  improve the flatness. Therefore you will need  and implant. So therefore you will be having a procedure that makes the breast larger i.e. augmentation and having one makes it smaller I E a breast lift because it is removing skin. The combination of the two will give you a final result in a final cup size  is it possible to remain about the same size.? It is possible if the amount removed  basically equals the amount that is put in However most of the time the  addition of an implant makes your bra cup size larger. That is generally the trade-off for having a fuller breast. Your best option is to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in this type of breast surgery which is one of the more difficult breast surgeries to perform. Best of luck to you 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without an in person exam or photos a true determination cannot be made as t which procedure will give you the results you desire.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon where you can be further evaluated, discuss your options, address your goals an work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the look you desire.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Implants Needed?

Thank you for your question.It is difficult to tell without a picture as to whether your #mommymakeover results would be best with just a #breastlift or if #implants are needed.Please have an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified plastic surgeon to determine what is best for you.

To Augment with Breast Lift or Not?

Whether you will have the fullness you need after a lift without implants can sometimes be a little hard to predict, but chances are the extra skin tha you have in your bra may take up a whole cup size.You can still have an augment after your lift if you want to, usually, but it will be more expensive than doing them together (but less risky and more acurate in sizing).Your surgeon has seen you in person and examined you and can make a more accurate determination than an internet opinion.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon