I'm having back surgery in 2 weeks. I also have a mommy makeover scheduled for January. Is this risky for my back?

I'm a strong healthy women. Im getting a micro discectomy 9-18-16 and mommy makeover 1-10-17.

Mommy Makeover after Back Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. If you find yourself concerned about the healing time allotted with your back surgery, and having your mommy makeover too soon, it may be a good idea to confirm with your back surgeon that your scheduled mommy makeover date is safe. There are always risks associated with surgery, and it is best to get all of your questions answered by your surgeons before the procedure. Good luck!

Mommy makeover after back surgery

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you should be fine to proceed with your mommy makeover, provided that you heal ok from your back surgery and your surgeons are ok with this.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Back surgery follow by mommy make-over - risky?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You will have almost four months between surgeries.
  • You should be fine to have your mommy make-over.
  • Be sure that both surgeons know and approve your plans.
  • A mommy make-over tends to help back pain, by restoring the core support of the abdominal muscles.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Spine surgeon needs to clear you

This sounds like it should be fine but you need to have the spine surgeon render an official opinion regarding your suitability for cosmetic surgery.

Back surgery before mommy makeover

You should be fine. Your back will be well healed by that point. The only concern would be if you develop complications after the back surgery, but even with this, you should still be fine. It is not risky on your back after 3 months.

W. John Bull, MD

Ok to have Mommy Makeover 4 months after back surgery?

As long as you do not have any complications with your back surgery, you should be able to proceed with the Mommy Makeover as planned. Make sure that both of your surgeons are aware of the surgical plans - it would be a good idea to sign releases authorizing the offices to share health information such as op reports, etc. Your PS may also want a letter of medical clearance from your back surgeon, but that is no big deal to get.Best wishes!

Mommy makeover

As long as you recover smoothly from back surgery, there shouldn't be a problem with you having the Mommy Makeover.  Make sure both surgeons are aware of your plans and timing.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Your plastic surgeon will most likely want a medical clearance from your back surgeon to confirm your mommy makeover.  If you are healed and your health is good, there should be no problem in having the surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD