Do I need a complete TT or mini? (Photo)

Complete tt or mini needed?

Full tummy tuck

You have great tone, but your photos do show some excess skin in the area above your belly button. For that reason, a full tummy tuck would probably be better suited to you.

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck?

Based on your photos I would recommend a full Tummy Tuck to tighten the skin above the belly button also. You will also have a better repair of the abdominal wall muscles. See more than one Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you lots of results so you can see what your results will be. Notice if the scar is kept low, fine line or thick, curve back to the hips with liposuction? Not all Tummy Tucks are done the same. Do your research. You look to be an excellent candidate. Best Wishes.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Full TT vs Mini TT

Hi, You will be better served with a full TT to remove most of your stretch marks. A Mini TT will only remove most of the stretch marks below your belly button. A full TT will also give you improved overall shape and contouring. I hope this helps. Best wishes,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or "mini"

Your photos show that there is loose skin above the navel. Usually this means that the better result will occur with a traditional tummy tuck. You may opt on the other hand for a quicker recovery with a mini-tummy tuck but you will not have the same degree of skin tightening especially above the waist with it. Make certain that you consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon and review both options thoroughly, Also, make certain that your surgeon can demonstrate an exceptional amount of experience with this type of operation.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Full vs mini

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you would likely be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. But you need an in person consult to determine if you have enough skin for a full. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who is also a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons for a consultation.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

TT and lipo

Hello. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks would give you the best contour by eliminating your excess skin and fat while tightening your abdominal muscles.  Choose an experienced BCPS. 

Do I need a complete TT or mini?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the amount of excess skin you have he will most likely need a full tummy tuck with umbilical transposition.  This of course depends on a complete and thorough examination by board certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. A full tummy tuck will tighten the muscle as well as the skin, and the mimi tummy tuck will only address the lose skin under the belly button. Seek and experienced plastic surgeon with before and after photos, reviews, and who is an expert in the field. #tummytuck

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Do I need a complete tummy tuck or mini?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Mini tuck = mini results!

Your photos show much more loose skin than can be appropriately treated via ANY sort of mini tummy tuck. Sorry, but you will benefit most from a full abdominoplasty--anything less will not only make you sorely unhappy, but will also likely make it impossible to have the full TT you really need. So don't go for a mini. Please. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon