Nose is too fat? (photos)

My nose is very big/fat and flat. What options do I have to fix this? I'm mainly concerned about how fat it is, not so much the flatness. I wear glasses so it just looks like those glasses with a fake nose and makes me really insecure.

Rhinoplasty Goal

Your nose will have a more attractive profile and greater refinement from frontal view with some bridge augmentation and tip refinement.  I would strongly recommend using tissue from your own body as this will create the safest, permanent and I feel, the most attractive result.  Silicone is less than ideal for its temporary nature, high risk of complications, and un-natural contours it can create over time.   By building up and projecting and refining the tip and bridge of your nose, you will be able to achieve the look you seek without shaving the nasal bones.  

Dear alexS96, Your nasal width can be refined with rhinoplasty surgery. Seek some consultations with experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. This will give you a very good idea of the changes that can be achieved through rhinoplasty. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

Michael Elam, MD

Nose is too fat?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).   You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon