Old mole on forearm now raised and slightly firm. Scared of nodular melanoma. Any suggestions? (photo)

I've had a small mole on my arm as long as I can remember. I just noticed about a month ago that it became slightly raised. It hasn't changed much since but I recently got a tattoo less than an inch away from it. I was out in the sun today and it became itchy. The itchiness and seemingly sudden raise is worrisome to me. I made a derm appointment, but wondering how serious you think it could be. Mole is almost exactly 1mm and looks quite normal. It's slightly firm but not hard

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

Moles can be removed in the office if you are concerned without any issues. Please see a cosmetic dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer.