Can gynecomastia surgery with gland excision, and cool sculpting of the abdomen be done on the same day?

Would it be possible to do one right after the other and knock out both procedures on the same day?

Combining Gynecomastia & Abdominal Surgery

It is not uncommon to combine the procedures you are inquiring about. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
 Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.
Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia and CoolSculpting

Generally I would say yes they both can be done if you are in good health, however it will depend on your surgeon who you want to be sure is Board Certified. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia and Liposuction

I frequently do both Gynecomastia reduction and Liposuction at the same time. Be sure you understand the results that Cool Sculpting can give you. It may be advantageous to do the traditinal Liposuction while you are having the chest procedure. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to show you results of these procedures in their own patients so you can judge for yourself.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. Multiple procedures are common nowadays, it spares you time and money. If the patient is a healthy individual and the Surgeon approves it, it could be done. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

gynecomastia and CoolSculpting on the same day

Basically the answer is yes it's more of a logistics question than having any medical implications. As long as your position is not opposed I don't see why you couldn't good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Combination Procedures

Hi nickswano,
Thanks for the post. Gynecomastia surgery and liposuction of the abdomen and flanks is a combination that I do frequently. There should be no reason why you couldn't undergo gynecomastia surgery and Coolsculpting on the same day.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia and Lipo

I frequently perform liposuction with gynecomastia correction. Typical areas that have liposuction at the same time as gynecomastia include the abdomen and flanks.

Combined procedures

Thank you for your question and the simple answer is YES but an examination is needed to say which surgical approach might be best for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia surgery

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Don't see why not. obviously check with your doctor. It's more of a logistical issue that A medical problem.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon