Breasts look different and nipples don't point straight? (Photo)

I had a breast reduction done 6 weeks ago. My breasts were 38-40G. Now my right breast seems to be smaller than the left for sure AND what is worse my left nipple seems to be pointing ahead as one would expect and the right one seems to be pointing off to the right. I understand that it takes up to a year for the final shape to settle but I am very concerned that difference is too great and that I will have a wondering nipple off to the right :(

Asymmetric breasts after breast reduction

Hello and thank you for the question. You are very early in the post-op period. I would like to see what your breasts looked like before surgery. These results, in general, look good, and perfect symmetry is rarely achieved in these cases. Having said that, I would let your breasts settle over the course of the next several months before you make any determinations.Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Asymmetry after breast reduction

You are right that at 6 weeks post-op it too early to make judgments about results.  It will be 6-12 months before you have your final shape.  Many things will change in the meantime.  Scars will fade, tissues will soften and any remaining swelling will resolve.  So try to be patient.
That said, you appear to have a very minor asymmetry early on.  The photo must be inverted because it seems to me that the left breast is slightly smaller than the right.  I do not, however, appreciate any nipple asymmetry.  I would bet if you measured from the nipple to the midline of the chest on each side, you would find the distance to be virtually identical.  There is a little more fullness in the outer quadrant on the right, and this may the optical illusion that the nipples are different.  Again, this is all going to continue to change and evolve over time as you heal.  But, even if nothing changed, it is my opinion that the asymmetry is insignificant and within normal limits.  I would even venture to guess that you had more asymmetry (which is very common) before surgery than you do right now. 
The bottom line is that you have to be patient and allow the healing process to occur.  By all means share your concerns with you surgeon and follow all instructions. 
Best of luck.