How long does it take to recover from a neck lift? (Photo)

I had a great neck lift with liposuction (no lower facelift on my request) in September. Ten months later it is still very tender and numb to the touch. Looks great but behind ears are still a bit sore too. I assume all of this is normal but now I am hearing neck lifts are tougher than face or breast lists. Can this be true? Also, how long do "results" typically last? Thank you. See Lawyer for more before and after

The healing process for any procedure varies from patient to patient. As for comparing neck lifts to any other lift surgery, it also varies on the patients healing process. There is no exact amount of time that results typically last because it is based on your skin elasticity. I suggest going back to see your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with any further questions in regards to post-operative concerns. Thank you for your questions and good luck!

Post Neck Lift Irregularities -- Seek an Expert

If you are still experiencing numbness and tenderness I suggest following up with your physician for an in person evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Tenderness after necklift

Thank you for your question and photos.  Its not normal to have numbness or pain 10 months after a necklift.  Having said that, any time there is trauma to an area (surgical or accidental), there is always a risk that there is persistent abnormal sensation (pain, tingling, numbness, etc).  This is relatively rare, but certainly happens.  Necklift is not a more difficult recovery than a facelift usually.  Sometimes simple remedies such as steroid injections can help with areas that have not healed well.  Other times there is no obvious area to treat and other specialists such as neurologist can be helpful.  The first stop should be your surgeon.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Neck Lift

It is not normal to have tenderness 10 months after a neck lift. Neck Lifts are not tougher than face lifts. You have been very patient; consult with your surgeon for an evaluation.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. I perform the Laser Assisted Necklift and patients tend to resume their normal activities as fast as one week after surgery. Facial plastic surgery cannot stop the aging process, but it can move your appearance back 10 years. (ie a 50-year old woman can now appear 40 years old, but she will look 50 years old in 10 more years.)  I suggest that you consult with your surgeon. A surgery is only as difficult as the surgeon performing it. A surgeon with tremendous experience in a necklift and less experience in a blepharoplasty will find necklift easier than blepharoplasties. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

POST NECK LIFT NUMBNESS AND DISCOMFORT

Dear lawyer, A neck lift is typically a quicker recovery then a facelift however with either of these procedures having numbness and pain ten months post surgery is not common. I would start with your surgeon for an examination to determine if there is any visible signs of a complication if there is not then a referral to a specialist may be suggested. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Recovery after neck lift

You are right, it does take longer to recover, particularly the feelings of tightness and numbness. It can take between 6 and 12 months for these to settle. The results should last many years, but is dependent on your own skin characteristics and the type of surgery you had done.If it looks good, then don't worry.

Good luck,

Dr Steve Merten, Sydney ,Australia