Can I laugh 4 days after rhinoplasty?

I had surgery on Sept 15 and I can already tell that I will be pleased with my results! I had rhinoplasty and chin augmentation on the same day so it is really hard to smile. Lately I've been wanting to laugh so hard but when someone makes me laugh, I end up kicking them out of the room because it feels like my cast is going to bust off or something. today I left and I felt like my nose widen up. Will laughing affect my results? do I just feel that way because my chin implant is restricting me

LAUGHING AFTER RHINOPLASTY

Dear sandy21s_, You will not cause any damage with facial expressions or laughing after rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. However if it is uncomfortable then try to refrain from to much movement. You will have tightness and it will feel odd for some facial expressions for a few more weeks. Keep smiling and laughing its good for recovery and the soul! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Laughing after rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question. You will certainly feel stiff when trying to move your face/laugh after these procedure which is normal. You will not harm anything if you talk or laugh. If it is uncomfortable then don't do it but otherwise you can use facial expressions as you normally would. Good luck with your recovery

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon