I got HD Lipo on my chin and neck. How long am I supposed to use the compression strap?
Doctor Answers 4
Neck lposuction - how long to wear the garment?
- I am so sorry you are confused -
- It is confusing because there is no 'right' answer.
- What does your surgeon tell you?
- The garment is worn for your comfort and to reduce swelling.
- It will not affect the hard areas under your chin - these are from swelling and take time to subside on their own.
- Your approach seems fine - some people like the straps and wear them for months, others only occassionally after the first two weeks.
Check with your surgeon - I got HD Lipo on my chin and neck. How long am I supposed to use the compression strap?
If your surgeon is not explaining what needs to be done, demand an in office appointment with him/her. Compression is very important with this procedure. This is a simple question that can cause a lot of confusion with answers from too many different perspectives.Good luck!
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
You might also like...
Lumps and chin straps
Can give amazing results when done correctly. The same procedure can't unfortunately lead to disfigurement if done incorrectly. Follow up with your doctor. You are entitled to appropriate aftercare after having paid for your procedure. This should include direct contact to your doctor via cell phone or email. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so if they're not responsive I suggest you emphasize the importance of getting back to you. I hope your final results will be what you had hoped for. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.