I have extremely large breasts. How can I find the surgeons who are most experienced at reducing gigantic breasts like mine?

I wear a 38K bra, I'm 5'7", 215lb 39 yo. Notch to nipple is 44cm. 2 surgeons have recommended a FNG. The first surgeon uses inferior ped. only, the 2nd is at USC and would use medial ped. But I don't want to lose all nipple sensation! Many on realself say that FNG is an "outdated" practice, and recommend finding the "right" doctor. I will do a FNG if that is my only option, but I want a few more experienced opinions. How do I find the "right" doctor, to get their opinion?

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Nipple grafts work great with reductions

and if yours is massive, its the safest way to ensure you have a nipple.  There are many patients who have lost nipples over this so find out from your surgeon if he/she insists you do not need a FNG, what will happen if you do lose your nipple.  A sorry and a shrug is not good enough in my book.  FNG will result in losing half the nipple projection but that technique allows for excellent contouring when not trying to create a pedicle.  Avoid inferior pedicles as they are outdated if anything here is 'outdated'.  I authored the article on amputation reductions on medscape.com.

Curtis Wong, MD

Best breast reduction surgeon

This is a fantastic question. With so many doctors in the Los Angeles area, how do you find the best one? First, the surgeons you consult with should be board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in breast reduction procedures to make sure you have a safe surgery. Next, I recommend consulting with a few different surgeons so you can get a few different opinions and see who makes you feel the most comfortable. During the consultation ask all of your questions, including why the surgeon will use one technique over another, and ask to see several before and after pictures of patients who are similar to you. After your consultation google the doctor and make sure all of the reviews about him/her online are very positive overall. Without examining you in person I cannot make any specific surgery recommendations. My office is located in Beverly Hills and I would be more than happy to consult with you. Feel free to call my office to schedule an appointment. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Most plastic surgeons in practice over ten years who perform at least 5-10 breast augmentations a year should be able to satisfactory treat you.

Fred Suess, MD

Extra large breast reduction

Thank you for your question. The best thing to do is to if you are not comfortable with the opinions that  you have received is to consult with one or two more board certified plastic surgeons. I am sure that you will find someone that you feel comfortable with their method. Best wishes

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Large Breast Reduction

You should definitely consider additional consultations.  Most surgeons do not do free nipple grafts any longer, and a Superior or superior/medial pedicle does not necessarily mean loss of nipple sensation and still allows a significant reduction.  Be sure you select a Board certified PS member of ASPS and also ASAPS.  Good luck.  

Dr. Schwartz

Michael R. Schwartz, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for the question and I would get the names of surgeons in your area from ASPS and go on complimentary consults or just select some from this website and go on consults, look at photos of similar patients and become informed what is the best operation for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

How can I find a surgeon for breast reduction surgery?

Thank you for the important question; careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities".  

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link/video dedicated breast reduction surgery concerns helps. Best wishes.

Scarless reduction

There is a simple safe quick alternative to the major surgery which is a liposuction only operation. find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in this operation and you might be  pleasantly surprised. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon