What is your favorite bra for breast reduction recovery?

What is your favorite surgical bra or sports bra for breast reduction recovery and why? My Dr. will be using the wise method for my reduction.

Breast Reduction/Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post surgical bra

I usually ask the patient to get a sports bra with a wide band and no underwire.  Also, hit it in black so it doesn't show dirt and drainage as much.  Most important it should be comfortable.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Post surgical bra

Many excellent post surgical brasieres are available. We created the Dr LinderBra to help with edema and compression post breast surgery. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Bras

A soft bra, no underwire and the most important thing is that it hook or zip in the front.  Front hook is so much easier to get on and off for the first few weeks.  Good luck, Jane.