Arm lift for a 65 year old.

I am a female. I am 65 yr old. I had gastric bypass about 7 years ago. I lost 65 lb. I am very self conscious about my arms. My elbows are very chubby. I have "old lady arms" Due to my age, my forearms have looser skin, with some crapie- ness. My wish is to have a symmetrical look that looks better but natural , with my forearms , and no more fat elbows!! Is this possible? I also have cellulite in my inner upper arms. ( very obvious ) will this improve with a lift? Thank you for your time.

Arm lift for a 65 year old.

I would recommend a combination of a brachioplasty with circumferential safelipo. You may want the lipo first so see how much it improves in the areas such as the arms where you don't want a scar. Often times we get nice improvements, but perfection is difficult to obtain. I would make sure that at least three fractional laser treatments and vascular are included in the price you pay to improve the scar afterwards, and that your doctor is aware of these and offers state of the art laser scar treatments.

Arm lift for a 65 year old.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Based on your weight loss history and description, it is very likely that you will be a good candidate for arm lifting surgery.  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  Obtain "medical clearance" from your primary care physician or internist.   You may find the attached link/video helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes

Arm lift post-weight loss

Thanks for your question. It is very common to have extra arm skin following weight loss surgery like a gastric bypass. From your description you sound like a good candidate to have an arm lift (which is called a brachioplasty). The surgery is done to remove extra skin along the arms. The addition of liposuction may also assist with the removal of fat around the elbows. My suggestion would be to seek the opinion of a board-certified plastic surgeon and go from there. Good luck and all the best.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift after gastric bypass

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.
  • You sound like a good candidate for an arm lift.
  • You may need a combination of liposuction and an arm lift.
  • One can't advice you about the arm cellulite without an exam -
  • But surgery may removed the excess skin in the area of cellulite.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm lift surgery

Thank you for your question. An arm lift helps to decrease the fullness and laxity of the skin in the arms. The length of the scar can extend down to the elbow to help with the fullness you are concerned with. It is difficult to determine what could be done for your forearms without seeing any photos. Arm lifts are usually more for upper arm rather than forearms. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Hello,Assuming you are in good health, you may be an excellent candidate for an arm lift with liposuction.  Go see a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Arm lift for a 65 year old.

Thank you for your question and congrats on your weight loss.  WIth options like an arm lift and liposuction, you may be able to improve your arm's contour.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to get an in person evaluation.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Congratulations on not only your weight loss but keeping it off. The short answer is yes. Assuming you have no significant medical conditions that would make surgery for you risky, there is no reason you should not be able to improve the appearance of your arms. I recommend you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon