If I have an anchor suture left in from tummy tuck 2 years ago, can it cause excessive scar tissue and should it be removed?

I've recently been having a knotted muscle feeling in my back (for almost 9 months) almost directly behind where this suture is. Could this be scar tissue forming from the anchor and working it's way around the transverse process where I feel this discomfort? I've had months of deep tissue massage, manual therapy from PT's, chiropractic adjustments, rolfing. You name it, I've done it. Nothing seems to get rid of that spasm type feeling there.

Spasms and sutures

From your description it soiunds asa thought the 2 are unrelated.I have never had to remove a suture because of back spasms so in the end always go back to your original surgeon.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Muscle spasm starting more than a year after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

It sounds as though the spasm began more than a year after your tummy tuck.
It isn't likely to be from the surgery or the sutures - but you should see your plastic surgeon to be examined. 

You should also see your regular doctor. It sounds as though you need tests to find the cause of the spasm - whether or not it is from the tummy tuck - if massage, PT and chiropractic treatment aren't helping.

Hope you find this answer helpful. Have a great day!

Thanks for using RealSelf. Very hard to respond without in person examination and maybe even a scan. Seek an appointment with your operative PS or second opinion... 

Occasionally patients will benefit from removal of deeper sutures after abdominoplasty.

Repair of the abdominal wall sometimes will yield a not in the suture material that can create issues for the patient. Rarely a patient will benefit by having this removed. It can be done in the office with local anesthesia.