Can Bulging Veins in the Middle of the Forehead Be Treated?

Doctor Answers 2

How do you treat bulging forehead veins ?

These should be treated by an experienced vein specialist or plastic surgeon. Microphlebectomy is used for the larger veins with care taken not to puncture the frontal sinuses. 

Buffalo Phlebologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Bulging forehead veins

Dear Suz123,

Veins can be treated with sclerotherapy (injecting a solution into the veins to cause them to close) or with laser therapy. Though forehead veins are not typically treated, I would recommend going to see a board certified dermatologist or vascular surgeon who specializes in sclerotherapy for a formal consultation.

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

Kavita Mariwalla, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.