How to Get Rid of Vein Under an Eye?

I'm 16 and under my right eye have a huge blue vein. I have had it for a couple of years after I got hit really badly in the eye during sport. How can I get rid of it? I've put up with it for too long. I know nothing about how to deal with it and am constantly asked if I've been punched it's that apparent.

How do you treat large under eye veins ?

Large under eye veins are best treated using a microphlebectomy technique.

Smaller veins can be treated with sclerotherapy or long pulse lasers. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vein under an eye

My first choice would be treatment with the Nd:YAG vascular laser.  You may require mutiple treatments to obliterate that blood vessel.  Also, if you were my patient, I would first perform a nerve block to minimize the discomfort of the procedure.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Vein under an eye

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist