Vaser Liposuction, is This a Good Idea? (photo)

I am 5'4" 210 lbs, and I am considering going through with vaser liposuction. I really do not want to waste money and go through pain and not be satisfied with the results I get. I know it's not a weight loss substitute for exercising, but I think I can't motivate me more to exercise and eat better. I just got back in the gym a month and a half and so far I lost 12 lbs, but I haven't seen any results and I'm getting a little discouraged. So would vaser liposuction be right for me?

A good candidate for VASER

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss. You seem to be a good candidate for VASER as you are motivated, & you have the right expectations from the procedure (body contour, not weight loss). I am sure following the procedure you will be motivated further to work out, & maintain the results.

VASER liposuction addresses the exercise resistant pockets of fat which persist following diet and exercise. In your case VASER lipo of the abdomen, back & flanks will greatly help to contour your body.

About Vaser Liposuction Candidates & Losing Weight

Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body. There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. 

However, vaser liposuction is NOT a method of #weight loss or an alternative to diet and exercise. It does not affect one's metabolism. It is usually recommended that patients who have recently experienced weight loss and massive weight loss (#MWL) remain consistent at their weight for at least six to twelve months prior any cosmetic surgery. Such will better ensure longer lasting results of the procedure without risking the fluctuation and stretching of the skin tissue. 

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Vaser Lipo and Weight Loss

Thanks for your question.  Not sure from the photos that you are a reasonable candidate for Vaser lipo at the present time.  Skin in the hip posteriorly (lower  back) and out thighs contracts reasonably, whereas you already have a fair amount of excess skin in your lower abdomen.  This may worsen with liposuction.
I usually ask my patients to meet their weight loss goal half way. This gives them a start in the right direction and a provides the ability to assess changes in their skin related to that weight loss.  I personally would not recommend vaser  or any other type of lipo at the present time.  I'm concerned you would be disappointed with the result.

Hello

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from Vaser liposuction and get great looking results. Make sure you choose your Doctor wisely. It has a lot to do with the hand and experience of the surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)