What is Vaser Liposuction Recovery Like?

I am considering Vaser Liposelection to get rid of my tummy. What should I expect for the cost, recovery, and downtime of this treatment?

Vaser Liposuction Recovery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling after #Vaser liposelection is not uncommon. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.Massage may also help. Your doctor should instruct you how to properly #massage the areas and will hopefully do so at your follow-up visit. If not, it's suggested you inquire about it.
A quicker #recovery for a patient may be two to three weeks without any strenuous activity. This includes the short period of suggested rest of 12-24 hours soon following the procedure. #Exercise and activity are contingent on how the patient feels. Mild activity is not likely to hinder recovery or healing or create problems with recovery.  However, it is recommended to acquire your doctor's permission to do so. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!

After one to three days, you should be able to return to work. As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Vaser

Expect to be sore, swollen, and bruised though, in my experience with Vaser, to a lesser degree than with other liposuction modalities. Expect to wear an elastic garment for 4 - 6 weeks. Expect there to be some drainage for the first day or two. The first week is the worst of it. After two or three weeks most can resume regular activities. Re cost, you should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon with skills on Vaser in your area. Go to www.plasticsurgery.org

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD