Is Vaser Liposuction Advisable Before Marriage?

I am female, 26, single and weigh 63 kgs (138 lbs) with 5'2" height size: 34", 27", 40". I have a nice figure but genetically I have fat accumulation on my butt and thighs.

My parents wish I get a figure correction done and have been advised Vaser liposuction by the doctor. He says I can be walking in 15 days and complete recovery will take 2 months. Please suggest if its advisable?

Vaser liposuction before wedding

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The choice to have liposuction should be your own. If this is your choice, then liposuction can be done but you have to be prepared to be a bit swollen for several weeks.

Liposuction before marriage

When I was in India last month for a plastic surgery conference, I gained an appreciation for family influences on decisions about marriage, so I know you have to take your parents suggestion seriously.

However, I agree with Dr. Aldea that you should only consider plastic surgery for your own personal reasons. Liposuction is body reshaping, and it probably makes little difference whether it is VASER, laser, or other. However, if it is well done then you should be walking right away and mostly recovered within a few weeks.

Vaser Liposuction Before Your Wedding

Some studies show that there is less injury to the body with Vaser than with traditional #liposuction. Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique.  

A quicker #recovery for a patient may be two to three weeks without any strenuous activity. This includes the short period of suggested rest of 12-24 hours soon following the procedure. #Exercise and activity are contingent on how the patient feels. Mild activity is not likely to hinder recovery or healing or create problems with recovery.  However, it is recommended to acquire your doctor's permission to do so. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!

After one to three days, you should be able to return to work. As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. 

Elective cosmetic #surgery is and should be your personal choice. It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. 

VASER Liposuction before Wedding

RE - "My parents wish I get a figure correction done " - You should NEVER have cosmetic surgery for anyone but yourself. If your figure does not bother you, I would NOT have it operated on. (How would your parents or you feel if your liposuction was associated with serious complications? Would it still seem like a wonderful idea?)

As regards VASER liposuction, you should be walking the night of surgery (NOT 15 days later) and you will see a great reduction in swelling 304 weeks after the surgery. Complete healing and softness of the tissues will take several months. I would NOT do any cosmetic surgery too close to a wedding, reunion or other important social event.

Dr. P. Aldea