Vaser Lipo Swelling - Final Results?

Hi All, I had my surgery done 6 days ago on my abdominal(upper and lower) and flanks. Day 1 I looked great, day 6 I am back to normal. Its making me very upset. Im wonder WIll I go back to Day 1, and see even better results.. Or will my results be what I see right now. It changed after 6 days, I thought I swell up after day 2.

Results following Vasor lipo

With Vaosr liposuction to any area it may take up to 6 months before the full results are seen. I definately recommend to all of my patients to where their compressive garment for atleast 3 weeks following this procedure as well as using ice packs to help for the first 5-7 days. With all my patients along with the compression garments included in their post-surgical kit is a lymphatic massage which is to be done 4 weeks following the procedure. I would recommend you contact your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as to post care instructions. You should be following up with several appointments as well with your plastic surgeon in order to monitor your healing progression. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have at these visits. Best wishes for you!

Results following Vasor lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vaser Lipo Swelling and Final Results

Many studies indicate that there is less injury to the body with Vaser than with traditional #liposuction. Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique. 

Swelling is not uncommon. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Vaser Lipo Swelling and Final Results

Vaser Liposuctional Swelling

I find that Vaser Liposuction is far less Traumatic that Liposuction without Vaser and ALL of the Lasers that have tried to compete with the Vaser. Swelling diminshes about 80% after 7 days and about 90% by 1 month. Patients will continue to improve more slowly and reach maximum benifit by 6 months. I have also noted that there is minimal bruising in 3 days and that most of the bruising is gone by 7 days. Of course, each patients results may vary.

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

Vaser Liposuctional Swelling

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

Vaser Liposuction Swelling

I tell my patients not to look at final results after a vaser liposelection for at least 6 months.   It is important to wear your girdle or binder for five weeks.  This helps minimize the swelling. 

Vaser Liposuction Swelling

Vaser Lipo Swelling - Final Results?

Please call your chosen surgeon to discuss the healing following Vaser liposuction. This should have been answered in your pre operative evaluation + informed consent. Vaser causes longer lasting edema or swelling than other types of liposuction. In my practice I tell my patients expect a few months of swelling. Lymphatic massages help improve. 

Vaser Lipo Swelling - Final Results?

Vaser Lipo

You will swell for several weeks so be patient, wait for 6 weeks to go by, then start looking critically at your abdomen.  The flanks should go down sooner, then the abdomen.  Very normal, just try your best to be patient.

Vaser Lipo