Is Vaser Lipo Under Local Anesthesia Painful?

If I choose to have Vaser Liposelection in my physicians office under local anesthesia will it hurt doing the procedure? Do they give an IV?

Vaser Lipo Under Local Anesthesia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Seeking the right doctor and gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Vaser Lipo is an outpatient procedure which is commonly performed in either a doctor's office or hospital. It is be performed under local #anesthesia or a "conscious" sedation intravenously. The location and type of anesthesia for your procedure will be determined by your doctor. 

Vaser Liposuction should not hurt

The infiltration process is all you should feel. This does hurt but is over very quickly. The rest of the procedure is not painful. Operations that we really want are always less painful! 

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon