Is Vaser Lipo for Me for the Fat on my Stomach? (photo)

I am 5'6 and weight 200lbs. I work out on a regular basis but a majority of my fat is on my stomach and I can not target that one part of my body. I tend to gain muscle in my legs rather than lose weight. I am hoping to enlist in the military but unfortunately I am over the weight limit and I want to enter immediately. I have an extremely physical (FedEx)job and I can't take a lot of time off. So, I was wondering if I should go for Vaser or a non-invasive surgery for the quickest results?

Is Vaser Lipo for Me for the Fat on my Stomach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilent areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

VASER Lipsuction

Liposuction can remove up to 10 pounds of fat off which would leave you with 190 pounds. Since you exercise and working for FedEx is quite strenuous (all f us in Memphis know it) the only missing piece of the puzzle is how many calories are you taking in.  I'm sure if you were able to radcaly cut your carbohydrate and fat intake your weight would plummet. 

Liposuction and type

Liposuction may be a good treatment for you if the skin quality is pretty good and your muscle tone is adequate.  I do not think a particular machine is better than any one specifically. It is the magician not the wand that creates the magic.

Liposuction is not a weight reduction measure

Vaser lipoplasty is a highly invasive liposuction procedure for body contouring. You can expect reduction in inches but not you weight if that is your goal. Also, there is no such thing as a "non-invasive surgery". Please consult with a qualified surgeon regarding your goals as opposed to a specific procedure.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon