Vaser or Laser(lipolite) Lipo for Chin/neck?

hi can u please tell me which is the better option to do on the chin/neck area and the possible side effects.also how long does the bruising and swelling take to subside? will appreciate reviews,pics,experiences from anyone that had it done.thanks

Vaser or laser liposuction for the neck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many pathways to a good result.  As a general rule the credentials, experience, and artistic sensibility of the surgeon are more critical than the particular method of surgery.  That said,  I find certain advantages to laser liposuction in the neck area when it is done as an isolated procedure (not part of a face lift).  I make use of the Slimlipo technology for laser lipoplasty, so I cannot comment specifically on the results with the equipment that you specify.  I have found that the comfort factor is much better with slimlipo laser lipolysi than with vaser when the surgery is carried out under local anesthesia.  I also have seen better contraction of the soft tissues with laser lipo than I was able to obtain with either classical or vaser techniques.

About Vaser Lipo for Chin and Neck

Vaser liposuction is commonly used during facial improving procedures for areas such as face, chin and neck. It also commonly used with neck lifts and under the chin. There are some cases, a patient only receives solely liposuction without a lift. It's best to begin by consulting with a surgeon in-person. The presence of banding down the front of the #neck, and, amount of excess skin and condition of your skin are among some factors which determine what treatments will best rejuvenate your neck . 

Neck lifts are designed to remove only deep grooves and #wrinkles, not fine ones. Smoothing out every tiny line in your face would leave you with an eerie, unnatural, and undesirable result. The goal should be to make your neck lift look as natural as possible, simply turning back the clock a few years. and #liposuction is often used during the neck lift if necessary.

During your initial examination, your chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall #balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of #aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in #neck lift procedures is important to ensure you are receiving the best advice, care, and surgical experience possible.

Vaser Lipo on Chin/Neck?

Thank you for your question. In the right hands, both can be effective, but my preference is for Vaser with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Laser in addition may also have some benefit. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hello

Having Vaser Liposuction on your neck would give you great results. It’s ultrasonic assisted and it has the tendency to help tighten the skin. The swelling takes 6-8 months to completely subside but you see results about 3-4 weeks after the procedure. You can see pictures of our past patients on our website.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)