I had a tummy tuck and have since gained weight. Do I qualify for another?

Weight gain after tummy tuck

Hi.  Usually, weight gain after tummy tuck doesn't commonly respond well to another tummy tuck.

You'll need an exam to determine whether the abdominal contours are due to intra-abdominal fat or subcutaneous fat.  If it's the latter, then perhaps liposuction or coolsculpting may be of use.  If it's the former, only diet & exercise will help.

Maybe

It is best to get your weight to a reasonable (and maintainable) level before having cosmetic surgery. Maybe a "sit down" with your surgeon is in order to re-focus on your goals.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

You did not provide photos or details so impossible to offer advice

you may benefit from Smartlipo and dieting and exercise.

see a board certified plastic surgeon to get an evaluation.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

TT vs. liposuction

It is impossible to give you good advice without in-person exam. Both secondary TT and/or liposuction may be considered in your case. You should seek a consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon