I got lipo on my tummy on 2/26. Does it look right? (Photo)

Is my progress going in the right direction? The first picture was 1 wk post op, middle picture is 2 wks post op and last picture is 4 wks post op. Other than feeling better, I expected to see a little more progress. When I suck my stomach in, it is completely flat ( I couldn't do that before the surgery). The Dr said I should begin to see much more results in the next 8 wks. So, does it look 'right' and I am just impatient or are your spidey senses tingling that something is not right?

4 weeks post lipo

Are you looking better yes but when contouring an abdomen there is loose skin,weak muscles and excess fatty tissue.In getting liposuction you are only taking care of one of these 3 things.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I got lipo on my tummy on 2/26. Does it look right?

Based on your photos- it appears that you are candidate for abdominoplasty and not liposuction. Excess skin can only be addressed with tummy tuck. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person examination.

Lipo result

It looks like your progressing well. From your photos, it appears you may have had a better result if you opted for the tummy tuck. Be patient with the lipo because it can take up to 6-9 months for the final result.

Sean T. Lille, MD

Concerned about liposuction after 4 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

It is normal to worry about a liposuction result but and recovery can take time but your photos show little improvement do date which is unusual after 4 weeks -
  • How much was removed?
    From what area was it removed?
  • In your pre-op evaluation,  did you have loose skin and loose muscle?
  • Your ability to flatten your stomach now suggests you have a significant liposuction reslt.
  • Your photos suggests that loose skin and muscle remain a problem and that you may need a tummy tuck.
  • If your surgeon is not a plastic surgeon, consider seeing one to assess your result in person and advise you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Unfortunately in my over the internet opinion you will NOT attain a good result! It appears as you have excess lower abdominal skin. And a full Tummy Tick might have been a better result...

Does it look right

I would have to say the post op photos are helpful but not without the pre-op.  I would wait 3 months before determining if anything else is needed.