What are the best diets to follow for quicker healing after a facelift?

Diet after surgery

vitamin c and regular amount of calories with lots of protein are probably the best things you can do to help with healing after any surgery. the body needs protein to repair itself and vitamin c has been shown to help that process. This is not a time to diet or restrict calories, you need calories to heal

wishing you all the best

Diet for healing

The most important thing to do is have a balanced diet. I like patients to take one multivitamin a day as well as Vitamin C.  Best to ask your surgeon.

Healthy diet for healing

The best thing is to follow a health diet with adequate protein, complex carbs and lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from foods that cause inflammation such as sugar and highly processed foods. And make sure to drink enough water. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thank you very much for the question. In general, it is important to follow a protein-rich diet that is filled with plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as with vitamin C; this can promote healing and keep you healthy during the recovery process. I would recommend consulting with your surgeon ahead of time, as he/she may have specific guidelines for you to follow. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Diet & Supplements to Promote Healing

I suggest to my patients beginning supplements such as  bromelain or arnica a week or two before their procedure(s). However, its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment. 

Diet before facelift

Thank you for your question, please maintain a healthy and balance diet, eating protein helps repair muscle and foods high in vitamin C, it should help with healing.  All The Best 

Nutrition after Facelift

Thank you for your question! Your nutrition and diet after a facelift is very important, and something that I do not believe we discuss enough.  I would suggest that you have a well-balanced diet, and specifically one that is low in sodium.  Salt/sodium can increase your swelling after this procedure.  Also, I would eat foods rich in Vitamin C, as this will help healing as well. High fat foods are ok in moderation but can increase heartburn, and I would think best be avoided.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Diet after facelifting

Our bodies have evolved a great capacity for prompt healing, we just need to provide the fuel to help this happen and avoid things that may slow it down. A healthy diet should include plenty of fruit and vegetables and adequate calories to support your body healing itself. Stay well hydrated but avoid salt as this may increase swelling. Constipation may be a problem if you are dehydrated or taking opioid painkillers so avoid these. Keep mobile but no heavy exercise for a coupe of weeks and avoid smoking.

Much of our capacity to recover is determined by how well we are pre-operatively so get into shape pre-op and make sure your diet is optimal before the surgery as well as after.

Assuming that you are well nourished I would emphasize the value of avoiding salty foods such as instant cereal, canned soups and Asian cuisine to reduce post operative swelling.  I also encourage my patients to eat softer foods.  Of course, always eat healthy and think vegan or vegetarian over the long run for good health.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Best diets for quicker healing after facelift

I always recommend a high protein diet with increased Vit C(1-2,000 mg daily) for any type of surgery.  Good nutrition and taking it easy will help

Milind K. Ambe, MD