I've already had one syringe of Juvederm Ultra XC. Ultra or Ultra Plus for next time?

I've already had one syringe of juvederm ultra XC in my lips in June. I love the results just want a tiny bit more volume. would ultra or ultra plus be better? I don't want a ton of volume and have that "duck lips" look. I just want to fix alittle uneveness as well

Ultra

I would recommend the Juvederm Ultra for the lips. I applaud you for starting off conservatively. It's always best to add more than take away. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Lips

I"d recommend juvederm ultra, as the ultra plus can feel and look a little stiff, and really is not meant to be placed in the lips. It's good that you are reassessing and taking time to achieve optimal results!

Deborah Elder, MD
Charlottesville Dermatologist

Ultra Plus too thick for the lips

Juvederm Ultra XC is better suited for the lips, which need to stay soft and supple.  Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is a thicker formulation which can make the lips look and feel stiff and unnatural.  

Lips

Great questions, I would definitely stick with Juvederm Ultra, I think the Juvederm ultra plus would give you more too much volume so as to look unnatural. If you're looking for a small correction, I think Restylane Silk is a great option as well.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lip filler

I would definitely stick with Juvederm Ultra. If you wanted to try another product, I would recommend Restylane or Restylane silk. I wouldn't inject Juvederm Ultra Plus into the lips. Take care.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

If you love the lips after one syringe of Juvederm Ultra XC in your lips then you should definitely have a little more to add volume and fix the uneven area.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm Lip Injections

Often more than one syringe is needed and this is why doing little bits at a time is best.  I suggest developing a long term relationship with your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hi, it sounds like a little bit larger volume of Juvederm Ultra would do the trick.  Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, Voluma and Radiesse are all meant to be placed in subcutaneous fatty layers which the lips do not have.  These are not intended for lip augmentation.  For patients that need more augmentation than Restylane or Juvederm Ultra can provide, I suggest lip implants using Alloderm or Permalip.  Hope this helps.  

Juvederm Ultra XC

If you would like to add a bit more volume I would stick with Juvederm ultra as it is thinner than ultra plus. You do not want to add a thicker filler to your lips as this would not look or feel as natural.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would suggest you stick to Juvederm Ultra.  JUP is a bit too heavy for the lips and is not commonly used for lip augmentation. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon