Would half a syringe of juvederm be beneficial?

Hello, I had my lips done the second time a month ago. There is less volume in the left lower side and a few wrinkles from less volume. My whole lips do not need to be done again, just this small area. Would half a syringe be beneficial. The wrinkles really bother me especially when I have not drank enough water.

Do 1 full syringe

You should start out with 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

A small amount of Juvederm works well

Tiff,

A small amount of Juvederm usually works well and looks more natural, especially if you don't need to treat all of the lip subunits.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

Hi Tiffaw21

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to say without seeing a photo. If you are concerned I would go back to the same person who injected you to see what your options are.  Best of luck to you

Juvederm for lips

You have not posted any photos, so it's hard to answer clearly.  1/2 syringe of Juvederm is very nice for small areas and minor touch ups in my practice.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Juvederm and Lips

I put in the amount needed no more or less unless there is a financial concern.  Nobody can determine how much is needed for optimal results unless they have seen you in person.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Additional filler for touch up

Thank you for discussing your concerns. Fillers are great for your problem. You can always add a little more if needed. Many products are appropriate for touching up the lips. I particularly like Restylane, because there is not much swelling following the injection. You should see your doctor again and point out the area that bothers you. Good luck!

Juvaderm to plump the lips

It definitely sounds like a touch up could improve the lips and given the the plump you are looking for. I do think half a syringe is likely enough for what you are looking for.

Return to your injector for an assessment in person.

Hope this helps!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the lips

Yes, it sounds like you only need a very subtle correction so a half a syringe or less sounds like it would get the correction you area looking for. Restylane silk is another great option for the lips to do a more natural and subtle fill. I would recommend you return to your injector for an assessment and touch up.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it sounds like a half syringe would fit your needs very well.  The lips often do not need too much - a little bit goes a long way to create a natural, fuller lip.

Best regards,

Dr Harkaway

Karen S. Harkaway, MD
Moorestown Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

It sounds like you only need a small amount of product to finish the desired look. I would definitely return to your treating physician for more injections to make the lip fuller.  Best, Dr. Green