What will be required to get similar results to the final "wish photo"? Hoping a BA and full TT will do (Photos)

Less than 10 lbs from my pre-preg weight. My 2nd child is 8 mos old. I don't hate my breasts, but want to fill out the sag a bit and would love a flat tummy with some contouring...I have my consult next week, but what will be required to get the result I desire? Less is more, but I only want to do this once and want to do it right! What are price differences between just a BA and a lift/BA combo? What implants/placement would be best for me? My weight fluctuates (10 lbs), how is lipo effected?

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck will likely help you meet your goals.

Thank you for your question and photos. It’s difficult to say for sure without having examined you, but it appears from your photos that you should be able to meet your goals with a mommy makeover consisting of a breast augmentation and a full tummy tuck, with possible liposuction to further sculpt the waist. I can understand your desire to do this right the first time and avoid future surgeries, and it seems that you have realistic expectations about what you can achieve with plastic surgery.  You appear to already be at a healthy weight, and as long as you can maintain it, the timing is right since your family is complete. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, and I suspect you’ll be very happy with the outcome. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Procedures

A combination of procedures are definitely available to help get to the body that you wish after pregnancy. The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. The best answer to this question will come from consultation with local surgeons who can help evaluate in person which procedures will best achieve your desired results. Good luck. 

Mommy Makeover

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and breast augmentation would address your areas of concern. Doing liposuction on the abdomen would make your skin look worse. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #liposuction #breastaugmentation #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Mommy makeovers combine multiple procedures including liposuction, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, as well as facial rejuvenation. Most often, women choose a mommy makeover to address lost breast volume, sagging or drooping breasts, excess skin around the midsection, and extra baby weight that cannot be reduce with diet or exercise. The best candidates have realistic and attainable goals. From your pictures I think you should start with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.  I would need an in person consultation, but I think breast augmentation with high profile implants can achieve your breast goals.  For your abdomen, a tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck can be considered and give you an excellent result, but the model waist you have shown has probably not had children so there are some changes you may not be able to achieve.

Hoping to achieve results like in "wish" photos.

The best recommendation can only come after an in person examination.  From your photos, it appears a breast augmentation would give you close to the wish photo.  Obviously sizing would be a factor and should be decided between you and your plastic surgeon to achieve the look you want.  Whether you need or could have a full TT with favorable scar placement, would depend on the laxity of your skin.  This, again, could be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  Some variation of a full TT may be appropriate for you, so you can still get the results you wish.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this in detail.

Find the right surgeon

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

What will be required to get similar results to the final "wish photo"? Hoping a BA and full TT will do

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Without a full physical exam, it is hard to give you specific advice about your situation. However, let me see if I can lend some advice or general comments.

In regards to your tummy tuck, I think that you are likely a good candidate for the procedure and will have a good result. We can never guarantee that you will look like someone else as they probably started with a different situation than yours. In regards to the weight loss question, it is always best to get to your goal weight before surgery. The more weight you can lose before surgery, the more skin can be removed, and the better your results will be in the end. So I would say if your goal is to lose another 10-15 pounds, then I would do that before proceeding with surgery.

In regards to the breasts, I think that you will have a decent result with an augmentation alone. However, it appears that the goal picture you have posted has likely had a mastopexy (lift) in addition. From the look of your pictures, you would likely also benefit from a lift to obtain optimal results. This all depends on your goals. If your goal is to obtain a larger breast volume and you have no interest in changing the nipple position, then you might be happy with just an augmentation. If however you want to obtain a more ideal result (such as your wish picture), then you would need to pair the implant with a lift.

Traditionally speaking, I would recommend submuscular placement of the implants with likely a round silicone implant. This is subject to change and depends on the exam and other factors. Pricing also depends on place and surgeon and market. Best to ask your surgeon about the price difference but usually you are looking in the neighborhood of $2-3K more for the lift addition.

Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and breast augmentation. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Of course a in person consultation is needed for definitive recommendations, but it appears that you are a good candidate for breast and abdominal surgery.

It appears that you would do well with a full tummy tuck. Regarding your breasts, you would likely do well with a breast augmentation alone. It appears that you do not have enough sagging (ptosis) to benefit from adding a lift to your augmentation.

Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon will be able to help you decide which procedures will help you obtain your goals.

Mommy makeover options

Congratulations on your weight loss after pregnancy! A full tummy tuck is most likely to give you the results you show in the wish picture. It does not appear that you have enough sagging of the breasts although this would depend on an in-person evaluation. 

Richard Baxter, MD