I'm planning on having a full tummy tuck and breast augmentation, is the desired outcome a realistic expectation? (photos)

Just wondering if a BA and full TT could give me the desired outcome (as pictured) or if I need to lose the last 10-15 lbs first. Can the breast look be achieved without a lift? Would my stomach get this flat?

Realistic Expectation?

Based on just your photo it is difficult to predict whether the outcome will match that of the desired goal. You look like you could have a good result with a full tummy tuck, but it is impossible to assess a number of variables (such as upper abdominal skin laxity) that will determine whether or not a full tummy tuck is optimal for you. You might have a better result with a combination of a limited tummy tuck and liposuction of you abdomen, hips, and flanks (so called lipoabdominoplasty). If you wish to get as close to your goal photo as possible you should lose that extra weight first. 

Again, based on your photo, a breast augmentation alone will not give you the result that you are looking for in your wish photo. As almost every other surgeon here has stated, you will need a lift in addition to an implant to achieve an aesthetic breast shape. Having just a breast augmentation will leave you with either a breast that sits very low on your chest wall without upper fullness, or an implant that is located higher up, with the breast tissue hanging off the bottom of the implant. Either result will not remotely look like your wish photo. 

You should consult with several plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to get a thorough understanding of the benefits and limitations of the various treatment options that may be considering so that you do ultimately end up with a result that approaches your expectations.

Expectations of a Full Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.The intention of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. 
Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover - tummy tuck and breast surgery

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover.

With a mommy makeover, it will be your breasts and body, improved.  No one can promise you the look of a photo of someone else.

Yes, a lift might be necessary.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Realistic expectations

From the looks of your picture, I do believe that this is a realistic expectation. However, you would require a breast lift in order to raise up your nipple/areola complex. Without this lift, your breasts will appear large but saggy. Therefore, you will require a lift to look similar to the picture provided. As far as your stomach area, you should be able to achieve the flatness you see in the photo.

Mommy makeover

Hi & thank you for your question.
Based on your photos you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck & breast augmentation/lift. To obtain fullness in the breast a implant may be necessary. An examination with a board certified plastic surgeon is needed to go over your options. Best of luck.

Breast lift and tummy tuck - is the wish look possible?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast augmentation.

• Your plan seems a very good one.
  • Your photo suggests that you need a breast lift -
  • That said, one can't be sure without an examination.
  • The 'wish look' model has definitely had a some kind of breast lift, the skin is puckered around the areolae.
  • Your stomach probably can look similar to the model's -
  • It is smart to be your final weight before surgery - the thinner women get the best results.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Find the right surgeon

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Realistic expectations for mommy makeover

Most surgeons would like their patients to be at their ideal body weight.  There is a window that surgeons will tolerate.  As far as replication of the photo goes, that is a tall order considering the current situation.  Without an exam, but looking at the photos, I think you would benefit from a tummy tuck as well as a breast augmentation with lift.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you will make an appropriate plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Breast implants and full Tummy Tuck.

Thanks for your question and the photos.  I would strongly recommend an uplift (probably a Benelli uplift) similar to what I believe your example patient had combined with implants.  It is helpful to be at a maintainable and healthy weight before any procedure but the importance for your tummy tuck would be determined by pressing on your belly wall to see how much resistance to tightening exists due to internal fat (if any).  

Remember that a face to face exam is necessary to give the best advice.  

Regards and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Results from surgery

It is impossible to replicate the look you've used as your desired look.  That being said, you appear to be a good candidate for the surgeries you are interested in and I feel you will have a very nice result.  You can expect that your abdomen will be tighter and flatter and that your breasts will be larger and fuller.
A visit with a Board Certified plastic surgeon is an excellent place to start to get questions answered that are specific to your situation.  After an examination, a surgeon is better able to assess and give you an opinion on what you can expect from surgery.  As far as losing weight, the closer you can get to your ideal weight, the better for you and your results.

Camille Cash, MD