Names of surgeon experienced with Chin Reduction? (photos)

I've been researching for years to get a chin reduction. There is not much info out there for reduction, lots for chin implants. I'm in BC Canada but will travel anywhere for the right surgeon whether it be bone shaving or sliding genioplasty. Please help!!

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Chin Reduction

You are correct in that the chin reduction procedure is far less commonly performed than chin augmentation. Only a handful of surgeons have a large experience in performing it. You need to search the internet and look for surgeons who can show actual results and discuss the various techniques available for chin reduction surgery.

Chin Reduction

Thank you for your pictures.  The most predictable chin reduction is via a sliding genioplasty.  This may create some fullness in the neck.  Liposuction may be used to address this fullness.  The best way to research the most appropriate surgeon would be through the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Otolaryngology and/or Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.  Best Wishes

Chin reduction

The procedures for chin reduction are readily accomplished; and must balance with the midface area; as well as the position of the lower incisors. Typically, xrays show the details along with a clinical exam. The procedure is basic to some of us but expectations are the key as usual. 

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon