Can massaging and pushing on nose manipulate and move it after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I still have a hump on my bridge. My surgeon said to massage it by pressing hard to push it down. I asked if its to push out swelling. He said, no it is to move/manipulate the bone to set it down. Is this possible? I've only read that massage is for swelling. I'm scared to push too hard and ruin my nose even more. I am 17 days post op. Just lightly running my finger over the bridge and sides gives a lot of pain.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Most likely splints, tubes and other supports have been used to help keep your new nose in place for the night following the procedure. It is important that you follow all of the instructions that your board certified facial plastic surgeon has provided you about post-op care. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD