Still have large hump on nose on day 13. Is this normal? (photo)

The hump on my bridge has not come down. It was there as soon as the cast was taken off. The surgeon did not stitch me up properly after surgery and my nose bled bad for 2 days till I went to see him with the problem. Could this have caused extra swelling on the bridge? It feels hard to the touch. The sides hurt but the top has no pain. How long does it take for a callus to form? This hump was evident as soon as the cast came off. Surgeon was away from post op day 3 and has not seen without cast

Residual Bump

Hello,The stock answer is 'you need to wait until the swelling goes away'.  Unfortunately, from its appearance in  your photos, it looks like a discrepancy between cartilage and bony levels, creating a 'step off' and the appearance of a bump.  This will not improve with time. Ideally, the first two weeks is the best time to address this issue, after which you would need to wait at least 3 months. It appears that  additional bone rasping would correct the problem.  Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty: evaluating the result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down before you can evaluate the result. The majority of the swelling goes down in the first 6-8 weeks. The following 6-9 months is a slower improvement with intermittent swelling flares. You're close to your result at one year; however the nose will continue to refine by tiny amounts for years after that. 2 weeks after surgery, it is challenging to predict the overall outcome. The plan is to follow the post-operative instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can keep you on track for a good recovery and safe outcomes. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon