I need a doctor in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area for a mommy makeover?

I am looking for a doctor in The Portland area for a full TT, BA, and breast lift. I don't know where to start!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Candidate for a MM

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Finding a good fit

Hi and thanks for posting your question.

Finding a Board Certified Plastic surgeon that addresses your concerns and offers you options to reach your goals in the safest manner possible is paramount. Finding a surgeon you trust to travel that journey with may require a few consultations. 

There are many reputable surgeons in your area and I'm sure you'll find one that is a great fit for you!

My very best wishes to you in reaching your best you!

Rachel Streu, MD

Thank you for your question. I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location. Hope that this helps.

RealSelf is a great place to start researching doctors in the Portland area.  Board certification is critical, so make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Consider several consultations with different surgeons in your area.  This will give you the opportunity to see who you feel most comfortable with and hear different recommendations regarding how best to obtain your goals. 

Good luck with the process!

Mommy Makeover/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Liposuction/Tummy Tuck/ Brazilian Butt Lift/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Of course you know to check Board Certification on any doctor you are seeing...the surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many good surgeons in each city but you need to see 2-3 consultants to get their views and to find one you also have a good feel about from a personal standpoint as you are placing a lot of trust in that surgeon. Finally, there are many sites (Real Self is one of the most popular and reliable) you can explore to read reviews other patients have written.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Doctor in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area for a mommy makeover?

I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You can find a plastic surgeon with those qualifications through the "Smart Beauty Guide". You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.