Looking into breast augmentation. Currently a 34D and I'm interested in 800cc silicone. I'm 5'6ft and 130lbs. Options? (Photo)

Looking into breast augmentation. Currently a 34D and I'm interested in 800cc silicone.

Thank you for the question and picture. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. 
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Looking into breast augmentation. Currently a 34D and I'm interested in 800cc silicone. I'm 5'6ft and 130lbs. Options?

This is a trick question, right?  Or maybe you are wanting someone to tell you that you have a lovely chest.  I am happy to do that.  You have a lovely chest!!!   You should not do anything to your breasts.  You have the result that most women are dreaming of - a chest that could have occurred in nature on a very, very good day.  Don't get implants.  Spend that money on a trip to the south of France where you can go topless but remember your sunscreen. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Breast augmentation large implants

Based on your height and weight and current breasts size I would recommend you strongly consider the implications of an 800cc implant.  Increasing your current D sized breasts with an 800 cc implants will lead to accelerated droop to your breast no matter silicone or saline, textured or smooth or shaped.  The other concern is back pain  due to carrying such large implants in a small frame.  I would suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to try on implants using the mentor sizing system you may find a smaller implant will produce your desired results and if you decide to proceed with breast augmentation you will have a highly trained surgeon performing your surgery.  Best of luck.  

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Bryn Mawr Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your picture and your question. I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation before deciding on what implant size you want. You appear to be small and have a small frame and the size of implant that would be appropriate for you is limited by the width of your breast. Even in a high profile implant (small width), the 800cc implant is over 15cm wide. If you breast is not that wide, then placing implants that are too large is going to result in a very poor appearance and a bad outcome.

In addition, if you have D cup breasts now and augment that with 800cc, you are going to increase roughly at least 4 cup sizes, which would put you at around an F cup. Is this a goal you are trying to achieve? I think you have a very nice appearance and if you are looking to be larger, you could achieve a very nice look with a very modest implant. 

Your breasts...

800 cc is a large implant.  While big is often good, very large implants can cause more problems if they don't "fit" the breast anatomy.  If the implant width is too large, it may cause bottoming out or not drop properly.  Thus, when going for big implants, you really should be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure you are measured for the "perfect" size and shape.

Tim Neavin, MD

Breast Augmentation Questions

You will need to be examined to determine your options. Your goal appearance and measurements of your breast and chest will help you and your surgeon make a decision.  Visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Sizing a breast implant is based on your breast dimensions. Most importantly these include the breast width and the distance between your nipple and crease. Online consultations will not be helpful to help you decide what size implant to choose. 

I would be very careful selecting an implant is large as 800cc. The weight of the impact and the pressure that the implant will place on your overlying breast tissue will inevitably lead to quicker progression of breast sagging and thinning of your natural breast tissue. Over time, some women are left with paper-thin breast tissue and skin. This is a problem that is very difficult to address.

Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who can speak with you at length about the pros and cons of selecting a large implant.  

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation. You will need an in person consultation to determine what type and size implant will be best suited for your chest dimensions. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation

You have such a great figure now that a small enhancement could be advantageous maybe but 800cc would be a disaster. I hate to be negative, but part of our job is being sure patients have realistic expectations and that we can deliver a surgical result that would not be harmful to the patient. You will find that most of us would not be comfortable with your plan. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD