Was my hump uncorrected? (Photo)

I am on day 9 of recovery from rhino. my nose was broken on the left side only, hump reduced, tip deprojected & septum straightened. I realize it is still very early but my nose still has a hump on it. It feels hard like bone and on my left side it still has the same arch shape when the light hits it and when I smile. It is sensitive to the touch and I realize there is some swelling but I am wanting the bump completely gone with a slight swoop on the bridge. Is this realistic with what was done?

Was my hump not reduced with rhinoplasty?

Dear 1276, it is to early to determine the final outcome regarding your dorsal hump. You will have swelling on the bridge that will take the next three months to dissipate after this time you will have a better idea of your result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Residual bump after rhinoplasty

You're right that it is still very early in the healing process from your rhinoplasty so it isn't possible to say at this point if your bridge hump was under-reduced. There can be quite a bit of swelling to the tissue covering the bridge bones which will temporarily create a persistent bump following surgery that gradually improves with time.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

9 days post op, some advices

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only nine days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Was my hump uncorrected?

Return to your surgeon for a post op visit to discuss your progress.  It take weeks to months for the swelling to subside and see the final result.  If a revision is needed, it is best to wait several months.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post-op rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Don't worry too much.  This can definitely still be swelling at nine days post-op.  I recommend you return to your surgeon and ask him/her to evaluate your nose. Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD