I would consult with your PS and run through your concerns. It is very early to judge your result and you should take your time before considering explantation.
Explant now or later?
Consult with your surgeon regarding your decision. He or she would be the best to advise you. Best wishes!
Explant - now or later?
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- I am so sorry you made your best decision and now find it wasn't right for you.
- If you are sure you can't live with implants, having them removed now is fine.
- If you aren't sure - wait a little longer.
- At 3 weeks, you will not have formed a capsule - your implants can be removed, no capsulectomy needed.
- The easiest way to remove the implant is to reopen the incison and coax out the implant.
- Depending on the implant, your surgeon may be able to do this in the office.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Explant sooner than later
I think you should have a detailed discussion with your surgeon sooner rather than later. The internet is not the best resource to help.
Since you have only had the implants for 3 weeks, you have not yet given yourself time to heal, let the swelling subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle. You also have not given yourself time to adjust to your new look. You obviously did not like your look before surgery, and may not be happy after removal. I would suggest giving yourself more time to heal and adjust first.
Removal of the implant can be performed when you are ready. A drain should be used to prevent a seroma. Tight compression bra also useful to reshape the breast