Explant sooner than later?
Doctor Answers 6
Explant now or later?
Explant - now or later?
- I am so sorry you made your best decision and now find it wasn't right for you.
- If you are sure you can't live with implants, having them removed now is fine.
- If you aren't sure - wait a little longer.
- At 3 weeks, you will not have formed a capsule - your implants can be removed, no capsulectomy needed.
- The easiest way to remove the implant is to reopen the incison and coax out the implant.
- Depending on the implant, your surgeon may be able to do this in the office.
You might also like...
Explant sooner than later
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.