Calling RN's! Recovery time post lift + augmentation?

Hi ladies, I'm hoping to get a breast lift and augmentation. I'm a nurse in the hospital and curious how long I should request off? Suggestions? Thanks!

Breast lift with implants: Recovery time for RNs

I'm happy to share my experience with taking care of RNs. On average, they return to work on the 5th day, if they are in an office setting. If they need to lift patients, they return on the 14th day. They are a little sore, but it's manageable. They are totally good to go by the 21st day. Hope this information is helpful and good luck to you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

RN to RN

Hi there! I am an RN for Dr. Lee and have had a breast augmentation and previously worked in the OR. I would definitely take approximately two weeks off if you are involved with patient transfers/lifting and then have your co-workers help you out for another week when you return. We recommend patients do not lift anything over 10 lbs for 3-weeks and 25 lbs for 3-months. You can resume all normal activity at one month including exercise. I hope this helps :)

John S. Lee, MD

Recovery after Augmentation Mastopexy

You should be driving by day 3 and able to do all your RN activities, except lifting patients, by day 7. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Anticipated return to work after augmentation

will vary by surgeon to surgeon as you already know.  But if over the muscle, you can return to more vigorous work sooner than when under the muscle.  My routine for my submuscular patients is no strenuous or bouncy activities for 3 weeks post-op so they can return to light work (desk) within a week or sooner and lifting after 3 weeks.  Enlist your closest friends to take care of the heavy duties until week 3... and you will owe them down the road.

Curtis Wong, MD

Surgical Recovery

I have had the opportunity to take care of a lot of nurses in my practice. I tell the nurses involved in active patient care where lifting may be necessary they should not return to work for at least 14 days. If their employment involves more desk type of work, they are easily back at work in a week.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD