Breast lift and augmentation? Breastfed one child. 35 yr old, 5'5, 130 lbs. (photos)

Wondering if I could get some advice. I'm wanting to get a breast augmentation and I'm guessing I need a lift as well. I'm 34, breastfed 1 child. 5'5, 130lbs and very active. I've been reading reviews and researching my options and doctors. Wondering what kind of implants and lifts would be reccomended and how many cc's proportionate to my body size. I feel I've lost alot of volume and would like them very natural, not too huge and honestly want to avoid the beach ball/stuck on fake look! I am a 36C now.

Lift With Augmentation?

It is really not possible to give you specific advice without an in person consultation. Your photo from the front suggests you would benefit from a lift, the side photos not so much. Unfortunately all of your pictures were taken with your arms raised and this artificially elevates your breast  making it look like you don't need a lift when you really do. 

One thing that you really should avoid is getting a large implant to try to "lift" your breast. The result would be a large augmented breast that sits low on your chest wall and will be predisposed to rapidly going south over time. While patients understandably would prefer to avoid the additional scars that are associated with a lift, when properly performed, most patients find them very acceptable, and you will have better more natural breast shape that holds up better over time.

Breast Lift (mastopexy) and Breast Augmentation

I have to agree with the surgeon below.  It is really difficult to tell by the photos because you are elevating your arms to on the side views it doesn't look like a lift or mastopexy would be necessary.  But the frontal view may tell a different story. So I think evaluation by a board certified surgeon would be your best interest because skin quality, breast volume, and measurements need to be assessed.  If your skin envelope appears to be stretchy then a mastopexy might be warranted despite the position of your nipples. Also the volume or size of implant that is chosen can also contribute to the final result. There are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration when evaluating for this combination surgery. So see someone with experience. Many patients say they don't want the beach ball look and the new, anatomic, gummy bear implants can be nice for this. Choosing a reasonable size is also helpful for a natural look.  I want my patients to think about how they are going to "wear" the implants every day. Because if you are active then you may not want too large of an implant.
Best to you.

Breast lift considerations when thinking about breast augmentation

An in-person examination is critical in making the important decision about a breast lift, when considering augmentation. You have a bit of breast sagging, and might benefit from a vertical breast lift at the time of augmentation. See example in the link below...

Breast augmentation with or without a lift?

Thanks for your question.  A face to face exam is necessary for a final recommendation but it appears that you may not need to have a lift especially if you're not planning on having too large an implant.  The option of a Benelli lift is there if your nipples are a little low and the incision lines are usually very acceptable.  Please watch the video link above for more information about the choice of procedures and view the gallery link to find breast augmentation examples after pregnancy.Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon for a face to face assessment and exam.  Enjoy your results.Regards,Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

High profile implants can provide lifted appearance

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi Islandgirl1981.  Thanks for sharing pics with your question.  You appear to be a good candidate for use of an implant alone, but an in-person examination is necessary to know for sure. The use of a high profile implant underneath the pectoralis muscle is one approach to obtaining a lifted appearance without appearing fake.  An implant in the 300-375 cc volume range will likely not increase your cup size, just fill in your existing bras (C).  The silicone gel implants provide the most projection at the narrowest diameters in round implants.  There are good choices within the silicone gel anatomic shape/tear drop shape, that you may like.  Be sure to consult with an ABPS certified PS and try on different sizers in the office for visualization of your outcomes. Best wishes,

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implant

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift and augmentation? Breastfed one child. 35 yr old, 5'5, 130 lbs.

Based on your photos, it appears that you are a good candidate for augmentation surgery. Examination and measurements are used to determine whether you would benefit from adding a lift to a breast augmentation. If you're on the border, then there's always an option to hold off on a lift, and wait 3-6 months after an augmentation surgery, to see how everything looks. Many women are happy and will decide that they don't want the extra scars from a lift. It's not possible to make a recommendation regarding the volume of breast implants over the web. During your office visit, you'll be able to try on implants in a bra and with clothing. Your goal look ("natural") and measurements of your breasts are used to pick an implant that will fit within your natural breast footprint. In general, avoiding a "fake" look is done by selecting an implant that fits within your natural breast base and is NOT a high, or extra-high, profile. A moderate, or moderate plus, profile implant helps avoid the "shelf" look at the top of the breasts. If you're a C-cup now then you should do well with a round silicone implant. Make sure to read reviews and look at before and after photos of results that you like. Good luck with the process!

Breast aug with periareolar lift

You appear to be well suited for an augmentation with a shaped implant, which will look the most natural, doesn't have to be huge, and does not look "stuck on".  I try to avoid the same thing in my practice.  Regarding whether or not you need a lift, I don't think so, but it's a little tough to tell.  It would depend on your measurements.  I think at most you could get a periareolar, crescent lift if necessary to raise up the nipple somewhat (would base on measurements obtained in office).  During surgery, I would plan to place implant first and then decide if you actually need the lift or not.  For you though, nothing too out of the ordinary.  You should have a great result!

Breast surgery

thanks for the question and for enclosing good photographs. You look like an excellent candidate for breast augmentation, from the photos I doubt you will need a lift. However, it requires a consultation and full examination to determine what implant would be best. We need to know your goal look and take measurements of the chest to determine what type and style of implant as well as profile of implant  it would take to meet your goals. Be sure you see an experienced and artistic surgeon and you should have an excellent outcome. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift & Augmentation?

Actually, you may not require a lift at all. Your side-view photo shows that your nipple-areola position is above the fold underneath. This usually means that adding volume alone should be sufficient to give a nice shape. This could be confirmed on examination by your plastic surgeon. Given your present breast shape, I don't feel that your 'wish' picture is unrealistic.

Michael F. Bohley, MD