7 weeks after lower blephroplasty; more darkness under eyes and lower lid position?

Thought it was bruising but still very More darkness under my eyes and more than what I was trying to get rid off. What are my options to fix ?? Also lower lids still not in pre-position is there still hope they will return to normal ? Dr said took only very small amount of skin like 1-2mm

Darkness under eyes after a blepharoplasty

usually suggests you had bruising and this just takes time to resolve.  If its a shadow, then you will have to consider other options for addressing that.  As for lid position, photos do not lie so when you are considered healed, you can compare your lower lid position to that of your pre-op photos and if change, it will be evident.  But as you are still healing, you cannot judge your results yet... so be patient and work with your surgeon to get the results you desire.

Darkness after eyelid surgery

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The dark color is usually removed with the removal of skin tissue. worsening immediately after surgery is usually related to bruising.

In the long term, the dark color could be improved with fraxel and CO2 laser.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Darkness after lower lid bleph

Pictures would be very helpful.  If you had an unusual amount of bruising it can take a few months for the color to resolve.  If your skin is fair, some IPL treatments can help to lighten the skin.  Bleaching creams may also help.  If you are hollow fillers will help as well.  PRP will not do anything.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recovery after blepharoplasty

Recovery after blepharoplasty can sometimes take a considerable amount of time. Having some darkness under the eyes at this point is not to be expected, but is not unheard of either. Discuss with your doctor if any topical or injectable treatments might be of help in your case. Another option to consider would be PRP injections if the darkness persists.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no evidence that PRP injections treat under eye dark circles.

Typically the hollow is the result too much fat removal.  The darkness is usually not related to hemosiderin staining or bruising.  A photograph would be very helpful to better understand your concerns.  Usually it is difficult to have a surgeon acknowledge that a surgery did not help your appearance.  For that reason, you might consider second opinions regarding your best options.  Fillers can be very helpful here.