Will 475cc HP silicone unders be similar to my wish boobs? (Photo)

Im 5 feet 110lbs 31-24-36. My board certified surgeon suggested 475cc high profile silicone gel unders.

Would 475ccHP silicone implants be best for me?

Choosing the most appropriate implant size for a patient depends on a number of factors.  The first and most important for a good outcome is evaluation of your anatomy, breast diameter and tissue characteristics, by a plastic surgeon.  Of course your desire of a full round look is important as well.  I find using the Vectra imaging system preoperatively very helpful for patients as it is view of you with the desired implants!  This is more helpful than discussing cup size as that is so subjective. Good luck with your decision.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best of you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Using external sizers in an unlined bra

would give you the best visual of whether it will produce the look you desire.   And use a light colored top when viewing yourself as black just doesn't do it (loses contrast).  Using HP seems necessary to fit the implants on your chest and but breast dimensions and well as implant dimensions will have to be known.  Good luck at achieving your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will 475cc HP silicone unders be similar to my wish boobs?

Yes 475cc are quite large and should increase you by at least two cup sizes in the same style and manufacturer of bra that you currently wear. For more on sizing please read below:

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breastdimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 D+ and a 36 D+ are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

It is not possible to tell exactly without seeing you in person. The large size may lead to excessive strain on your back and skin laxity 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

That volume implant for your frame is a little large and projecting, like your wish photo, so it may work. Unfortunately no one here can comment on specific sizes for a specific patient without an exam. If you have a skilled and experienced surgeon you are comfortable with you should trust that doctor. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

There a many implants to choose from and there is more than one volume that may be ...

the correct choice for you.  Gathering from the size you mention 475cc...it sounds as a Mentor product.  Sientra has very nice high profile round gel implants with a higher stable gel which you may want to consider.  Ultimately, your lifestyle, width of your breast, and skin strength will dictate what your shape will be.  This is all obtained with a thorough consultation.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon